Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oceans...


Each year,  I try to have a word, or phrase that I want to define the year…one that will cause me to grow spiritually, and cause me to be more like Christ.  This year, I thought my word would be "REFLECT."  I want my life to reflect the life of Christ's; I want to reflect upon where I have been, and where I am now.  I want to reflect more on the word of God, and I want my prayer life to reflect more upon the will of the Father.  
      Lately, rather than listening to talk radio, I have been listening to K-love.  I have loved the Christmas music more than ever before.  After Jane died, it has been a healing balm to my soul.  I found myself turning up the music, stopping to reflect on the words, and dropping them deep into my soul.  It was as if Christ was ministering to me by song.  One song, in particular, hit deep into my marrow.  Being the worst person ever at remembering songs names, or the artist, I was at a loss at finding it.  I googled the only words that stuck in my mind, but did not get any hits.   This morning the song came on, and I went online to K-Love to find out the song's name and artist.  It is "Oceans (where feet may fail)" by Hillsong.  This song will be my goal for 2014.  I like all the words, but these are my favorite.

"You call me out upon the waters.
The great unknown where feet may fail.
And where I find You in the mystery;
In oceans deep my faith will stand...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters,
Wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander,
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of the Savior.

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves,
My soul will rest in Your embrace,
I am Yours, and You are mine."




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog