Sunday, July 27, 2014

Still life...back lighting...

"Let your light so shine before men, that they see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16

In one of my online classes, Be Still 52, offered by Kim Klassen, we had a lesson in back lighting.  She suggested we find a subject to photograph with light coming from behind the object or subject.  Sometimes this is difficult to do because the subject will often come out as a silhouette.  We were not supposed to have a silhouette, but a photo that showed detail in a subject.  To  do so requires changing several settings on your camera.  I had a few roses that were sort of on their way out...in other words wilting... that I decided to use as my subject.  I really liked the softness of the photos.
Here are my results.  I like them all.  It was a good exercise.

textures: kk_perfectly pink, soft light 100%, 2 Lil' Owls: brown texture, soft light 100%

light room preset: kk_darkmood



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog