Monday, March 9, 2015

Maggie...and lens baby...

"Now we see only an indistinct image..." 1Cor. 13a (ISV)

I recently went to a photo conference in Las Vegas. (more about the trip later).  Not only were there a lot of workshops, but there were two huge buildings with nothing but vendors selling camera gear, accessories, photo books, storage, and everything else your little heart could desire.  I refrained from buying anything, except a lens baby for my iPhone.  The lens baby for a DSLR camera is quite pricey, while the one for the iPhone is fairly cheap...and I got an expo discount.  So I bought it.  The Lens Baby is a tiny lens that mounts to your iPhone camera.

the lens baby...it is about an inch in size.

Here it is attached to the iPhone...there is one for the android as well.
The lens has a small "sweet spot" of focus, and blurs out the rest of the picture, which makes for some nice effects.  Stephanie, (one of the girls I went with), was trying it out on me...I am a little overexposed, but you get the idea.


I tried it out on a bouquet of flowers...



I tried it out on my grandson...


Then, I tried it out on my cat...Maggie...when she was sleeping.  This is the only time she is very still... a perfect subject to practice on with my new lens.


She heard the shutter as it clicked...and opened her eyes...to see what was happening.


"What are you doing?  I can't believe it...you...with your camera phone...more pictures... !" Maggie Groans loudly.


"Leave me alone...Can't you just go...away..."


"And let me take a nap..."


In peace...???

No more pictures...please!

I think I am going to like my new toy!

1 comments:

LivingVintage said...

Your post was so funny! At least your kitty tolerated the photos! It is so hard to get my dogs to cooperate sometimes.

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog