Sunday, March 22, 2015

Photo shoot gone awry...

"Do you know that nothing in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God, and the people He made." -Francis Chan

One of my goals for 2015 is to take a monthly picture of Warren and me.  How is that going?  Well, it is almost the end of March, and I have a picture for January...no February...and March is almost gone... so my great plans are a little off schedule.  Wanting to make up for February, and get a photo done for March, I asked Warren if he was game for a photo shoot.  He was.  What a sport.   When I do photos of Warren and me, the photos are basically "selfies."  I use my tripod, and a remote to take our photos together.  This can cause several problems:

#1.  Exposure... I don't always get it right...I try to use Warren to figure out my expose.  He always looks so pleased to be doing this...and he always uses this same old pose.


Then I run, get in the picture, and fire the remote.   You have to have the remote pointed at the camera just right, or it will not fire. Whoever has the remote moves their arms to different positions trying to set the shutter off.  Sometimes it fires when we think it has not...and it makes for interesting moments...

Tiptoes...hmmm...not so great.  Warren's arm dangling...not so great...trying to hide the remote in his pocket...not so great.

#2.  Centering... I think I have us centered, only to find one of us has parts cut off...


let's try this photo again...more to the right...

I only thought we moved to the right.  Still cut off.  Rats...

#3.  The constant posing can cause our photo shoot to go south really fast...






#4.  Arm position... After stretching out your arm to fire the remote, you have to quickly get your hands posed in a natural position...it is not an easy task.  You do what you have to do though...

The trying to look cute hands...

The I don't know what to do with my hands pose...

The nonchalant hands, and body pose...

#5. Figuring out a pose that we can get into fast is another problem...

This looks really natural, don't you think?

After our selfies,  we resort to one of us actually taking the picture, and the other one being the subject...it works a little better...



Many thanks to my man who is infinitely patient during our photo shoots...


and is fun to boot.  


I am so happy I have my March photo!

And in case you did not notice, I am sporting a new hair-do.  Longer on top, shorter on bottom.  I think I have really BIG hair in these photos.


2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you mentioned your hair. As I was viewing your photos I was admiring your new hair do ... the color and cut ... very trendy and becoming!

Rob said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog