Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lavender...sweet lavender

"Feel your emotions,
 Live true to your passions,
 Keep still your mind." -Geoffrey M.


I love the smell of lavender.  That is why I planted it years ago...but it did not do much until this year.  It is huge, has tons of lavender sprigs, bees, and butterflies.  







I wanted to make me some lavender bundles, so I braved the bees, and went to cut some.  I was very nervous that I might get stung, but thankfully, I did not.  I am very happy with my harvest!





As always, Maggie is right in the middle of any activity I am doing.  She was very interested in the butterflies, and had her eye on one particular one...


Just as I snapped a picture of the butterfly...she sprang to capture it... I barely caught her in the photograph, but I did.   She is at the left side of at the photo, mouth wide open.  You cannot see it, but in her paws is the poor little butterfly, which she promptly ate.  


Beware the hunter...she always gets her creature...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog