Saturday, August 1, 2015

The wonder of Lake Lure...

"The simple things are also the most extraordinary things."- Paulo Coelho

In my exploring, I found the wonderful Gardens of Lake Lure located at the bridge just before entering Lake Lure proper.  I liked it so much, I went back to get more photos, and offer my help in weeding, and dead heading the spent flowers.  I took Warren with me...he was not as thrilled as I was, but he went anyway.  Doesn't that spell...LOVE?


There are flowers, butterflies, moths, bees, and many more insects.  It was glorious.  We met a lot of people who stopped to look at the beauty of it all.  










two is better than one...


Look what else I stumbled on as we were driving to the Lake...old abandoned stuff...be still my heart!




close up...I wanted to see what the price of gas was, but it is unreadable...

"Take a load off baby..."
"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." -Yousuf Karsh

Thrilled with the day!  My soul is full. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband took me to Lake Lure for my birthday. We rented a cabin . It was beautiful. We had a wonderful . time. My husband and I love the Lord. He has been a wonderful husband to me for 60 years The Lord has blessed us in so many ways and we praise Him. We too saw the garden at the entrance of the lake. We have 2 lovely children and 4 grandchildren. Love your blog .I want to start a scripture journal. I keep a devotional one.

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog